Kidneys for Life is the supporting organisation for the Fabry Update Meeting which take place every 2 years.
- 1st Fabry Nephropathy Satellite “Focus on Fabry Nephropathy: Biomarkers, Progression and Disease Severity”, an Official Satellite of the World Congress of Nephrology, was held in Bergamo Italy in May 2009.
- 2nd Fabry Nephropathy Satellite “Focus on Fabry Nephropathy: Biomarkers, Progression and Treatment Opportunities” was organized as an Official Satellite of the World Congress of Nephrology, and was held in Vancouver, Canada on April 12–14, 2011.
- 3rd Update on Fabry Nephropathy was held in conjunction with the World Congress of Nephrology, in Hong Kong on June 4-5, 2013.
- 4th Fabry Nephropathy Update was a Satellite of the ERA_EDTA 2015 Meeting, and was held in Manchester, UK on June 1-2, 2015.
- 5th Fabry Nephropathy Update was an official Satellite of the 2017 ISN WCN Meeting, and was held in Mexico City, Mexico on April 25-27, 2017.
- 6th Update on Fabry Disease was held in Prague, CZ, May 26-28, 2019,
- 7th Update on Fabry Disease was a hybrid event held in Würzburg, Germany. May 29-May 31, 2022
- 8th Update on Fabry Disease will be held in Hamburg, Germany in 2024. More details can be found here.
The 3-day conference features, state of the art plenary presentations, structured debates and poster presentations. The intended audience are content experts and “treaters” of Fabry Disease. The focus will be on emerging treatment approaches, baseline characteristics that determine the patient-specific responses to the treatment of Fabry disease, and antibody interactions with infused enzyme replacement therapy.
Dor ManchesterTrainingLDnephr 2018FINAL
Ekser – XenoTx-End of L- Next_50_years
Geir Mjoen – Manchester
Gutmann – Manchester 2018
Johnson & Burnapp – Manch 2018 FINAL
Khambalia – Manchester 2018
John New – Renal Obesity talk
Pollard – Manchester
Stippel – Circulating B-Cells in Kidney Transplantation
Sutherland – Living Donor Meeting -consent Lauren Sutherland has advised that the book regarding the Montgomery case is available on Amazon by following this LINK and all profits from the book are being donated to “A Smile for a Child” charity which supports purchase of sports equipment and other equipment for children with special needs.
Taylor – Psychology of Altruism
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU WISH TO USE ANY PART OF ANY OF THESE PRESENTATIONS YOU MUST SEEK PERMISSION OF THE SPEAKER PRIOR TO USE
Venue: Radisson Blu Edwardian, “Free Trade Hall” Peter street, Manchester M2 5GP
HOME THERAPIES CONFERENCE – annual conference taking place each September
REMEC – These meeting are held on a regular basis organised by the Renal Dialysis Unit at Manchester Royal Infirmary
North West Bladder Study Day – held on 15 March 2019
ESPU Masterclass : Off-label treatment of Bladder on 2 June 2017 in Manchester