REGISTRATION FEE: £100 (non-refundable)
MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP: £1,000 (£500 by the 3 May 2019)
Cycle approx. 160 miles over 2 days from London to Amsterdam, finishing with a day free to explore this vibrant city! Join us on this awesome challenge as we cycle together to raise vital funds and awareness for Kidneys for Life!
ITINERARY: London to Amsterdam 2019
Day 1 – Thu, 27 Jun 19 – arrive in London ready for the cycle ride the following day.
On arrival in London you can check into your starting hotel. You will meet the crew at registration this evening, who will give you details of your first day of cycling. Your bikes will have arrived safely in advance and will be ready and waiting for you to start your challenge. As participants will be arriving throughout the day and evening, tonight’s evening meal is not included but there are dining facilities at the hotel and of course nearby.
Day 2 – Fri, 28 Jun 19 – London to Harwich
Approximate cycling distance 131km (82 miles)
Your challenge begins from an early start, after registration and bike checks from our experienced mechanics, as you head out north eastwards towards Harwich cycling through lovely villages including Wethersfield and around Colchester and on to our final destination. We have evening dinner in Harwich before catching our overnight ferry to the Netherlands and the Hook of Holland. Cyclists will spend the night on the ferry.
Day 3 – Sat, 29 Jun 19 – Hook of Holland to Amsterdam
Approximate cycling distance 104km (65 miles)
After an early morning hearty breakfast on the ferry, we head off towards the Dutch capital on the flat cycle paths of Holland, hugging the coast and passing beaches and coves along the way. Cycling through The Hague and some typical Dutch towns, Scheveningen and Noordwijk-Binnen we welcome a delicious Chapeau lunch near Langevelderslag . Once fuelled, our journey continues towards Hillegom as we head towards our holding point on the outskirts of Amsterdam. Cyclists will be escorted into the centre passing famous sites such as the Olympisch Stadion and the Van Gogh Museum.
Day 4 – Sun, 30 June – Day in Amsterdam
After a night’s celebration of your fantastic achievement and a much needed leisurely breakfast as you wake in this vibrant city, the event comes to an end. Your bikes will be safely transported back to the UK leaving you hassle free enjoy the amazing delights that Amsterdam has to offer. Direct flights to major airports in the UK are available too, ensuring a much smoother journey back home after two days in the saddle!
- Full bike transport to the route start and from the route finish in Amsterdam – Drop off points TBC
- All accommodation is based on twin share for 3 nights Single accommodation is available at a supplement of £175 for the full event.
- The second night accommodation is on the overnight ferry.
- All meals, starting from breakfast on day one to breakfast on departure day
- Complete transport of luggage between hotels during the ride
- Full trip support including mechanics, first aid, drivers and full route support and outriders
- Water stops
- Celebration meal in Amsterdam at the end of your ride
- Personal transport to route start in London and from route finish in Amsterdam, although direct flights available to major airports in the UK
- A bicycle
- Personal travel insurance
- Drinks, personal items or entry to any optional tourist sites you may want to visit
- Remember to allow extra cash for drinks, snacks, souvenirs and other personal expenses
- We recommend you carry a credit card in case of personal emergency.
When registering for this event you will need to confirm that you have read the Terms & Conditions of KFL Events which are available to download by following this link Terms & Conditions for KFL Events and also that you are aware that £1,000 of the minimum sponsorship needs to be raised by 3 May 2019.